Question:
How can I make my bike's motor sound deeper and a little louder?
rob_asks
2006-02-21 21:32:21 UTC
I have a relatively small bike (150cc), but it has a big, Harley style look to it. I would like it if the engine sounded deeper and a little louder than it currently does, so the engine sound will not give away that its a small engine.

Any suggestions?
Five answers:
marcopolo81
2006-02-21 21:55:36 UTC
Mine is only 125 cc but it sounds like hell. What I did is open the muffler then remove all the compartments which were placed purposely to reduce the sounds. Since I remove that thing that would reduce the sounds, the result is superbly well as to loudness of sounds. Me and my friends love the sounds, but you can't avoid others (especially elders) hear it as noise. Well, as the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Here, it's in the ears of the beholder.
2006-02-22 04:12:36 UTC
By removing the packing / muffler in the silencer as described above. Keep in mind that its still a 125, no deep sound no matter what. Also, people might see you as a highschool boy who's just got his first bike and doesnt know that by making your bike sound "deeper" and "bigger" will reduce performance, thus putting your intelligence at risk. Apart from that, you might have hassles with the law concerning engine noise. Best solution? Buy a big bike.
Dan Montruccio
2006-02-21 21:40:05 UTC
Well.. u can do it like this. All u need is an empty plastic bottle of coke. U place it between the back tire and the structure that holds it. U gotta be careful and place it so it doesnt move. After this, u can start riding it. It´s gonna sound as a monster!!!!
damond h
2006-02-21 21:37:44 UTC
You won't be able to get a 150 cc bike sound much differant than it sounds like now.. Now I'm not busting balls here, but it would be the same as putting a throaty muffler on a 4 cylender car...it's going to sound like hell
mmckinley350
2006-02-21 21:39:24 UTC
not possible there is no replacement for displacement